I have a very basic response to this: What are you, stupid?
But there’s a deeper response that ought to be coupled with it, or else I’m being as willfully ignorant as Rikki is. If you click through to the conversation, it’s clear that she (and her agreeing friends) are conflating equality and equivalence.
That men and women are equally human and thus deserving of equal respect, rights, and so on, is surely beyond question for any reasonable person in the modern world. (Sadly, it’s not, of course.)
Whether men and women ought to be equivalent — meaning striving for identical goals, filling identical roles in society, and so on — is another matter. I hate the strong-unequivalent stance, which says that men and women are genetically or intelligently designed for different purposes.
I’m likewise against various weaker forms of unequivalence, namely the discouragement of crossing traditionally-defined gender roles.
- rosyemily likes this
- nebulaphile likes this
- bobobandura reblogged this from despicabletweets
- neilbeale likes this
- pushelildaisies likes this
- slimjims27 likes this
- anniallation reblogged this from theonecanuckian and added:
- theonecanuckian reblogged this from despicabletweets and added:
- caseywojtek likes this
- mcplum likes this
- tracerracerx likes this
- orangeiswhorish likes this
- gin-and-eschatonic likes this
- zombie-smart-bunnyvirus likes this
- sistersadist likes this
- zombienikuchan likes this
- brideofdracu1a likes this
- faery-dust likes this
- rocmegamanx reblogged this from despicabletweets
- annatheidiot reblogged this from despicabletweets
- fulminata2 reblogged this from despicabletweets
- poledancingdelusion likes this
- despicabletweets posted this